What to do with yourself when you are retired
What do you do when you are retired also known as I am bored and broke what can I do?
This blog post is brought to you by my YouTube channel, Writer Groupie. If you want to check out author interviews and great books, please go to : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KfRhGaltQdaRV5GsiByAQ and check out our latest video. The site is homed at http://www.writergroupie.net and you can get audio only there as well as read the blog post that goes with the video.
Now…on to my blog post.
Ever since moving to Florida, I have been unemployed. There are not many jobs in Central Fla, and only a handful of office-related ones. And when you add in the fact that I do not speak Spanish, which about a 3rd of those jobs listed require, well, you can see that there is not much around here.
Now if you want to work in Tampa or Orlando, you would have a better time of it, I’m sure. Not that I wish to commute over an hour to work one way. I do not.
So, I am sort of “retired” at this point.
Boost book sales and get readers!
What do you do when you are retired?
Forced into retirement is what it feels like!
And so, what do you do when you have no job? What do you do with your day?
I used to say when I retired, I would write lots of books. And I still may. But right as of this time, I have no mental faculty available with any sort of inspiration or motivation to write. I am too worried about money.
But anyway, here is a small list of things I have found that can we do when we find ourselves unemployed and needing to be busy. (Yes, when you are retired!)
- Cook at home more. This is an easy one, really. You have time to make a bit more of an elaborate meal. Use all that pent-up energy to pound dough with your fists. Take this as an opportunity to thrill your family/spouse with your culinary creations.
- Garden. You can dig in the dirt, and take our your frustrations. The good side is you get something pretty to look at while it grows and you are … still…at…home,
- Make a reading list and begin tackling it. I love to read, else why would I be a writer? I have an ongoing growing book list and this time is a great time to hit all those wonderful tomes.
- Write letters to family/friends. I know how much I love getting letters in the mail. Other loved ones do too, so, write them some good long letters.
- Step up the exercise. I have really done this in a big way, walking every day as many times as I can with and without my Darby. She is a great companion and the exercise is great for her too.
I am sure there is more that you can do when you don’t have a life filled with workaday stuff. aka when you are RETIRED. Eek. Even that word bothers me.
I will try to post more later.