here’s a list
It recently came to my attention that a lot of readers don’t mind helping out their fav authors, but many don’t know how. Well, reviews obviously, but on Amazon especially, if you are a friend of the author’s, you cannot do that.
So what other options are available for readers to do to help out an indie author?
I made you a small list. You can certainly leave a comment with other ways as well, I don’t mind.
Ways to help out an indie author so that they can succeed
- You can leave a review. This is always a fabulous way. Sometimes Amazon won’t let you if you are connected to the author some way on social media. I don’t know how Amazon determines this, but I know it exists. Algorithm maybe?
- Aside from that, especially on Amazon, you can leave what is known as a “rating”. This is giving the book a STAR rating. Please, do be generous because those things are how our books get lifted in the ranking.
- Another way to help out an indie author is to BUY MORE BOOKS. If you liked one, you may like more.
- Follow and fan the author on social media. You’d be surprised how often we check out stats. If we gain a follower, and then lose one, it upsets us to no end. Word of caution: don’t follow just to unfollow.
- Join the newsletter of your fav author. They love to send out emails to those who subscribe and give them all the NEWS first. At least, I do. And I try to send it out on time each month so my Zanies are always seeing something from me at least once a month.
- And finally, like stuff. Like their Twitter posts, like their videos, like their podcasts. Be a LIKER. Authors love fans who do that.
I hope this blog post has helped you and I would love it if you would do all of this for me. Ratings, and reviews, and more sales would be so lovely.