Well, after posts about how to stay sane in a pandemic, you should have known this was coming. As the country opens up again, let’s think about what all needs to be done before we hit the trail. If you like these suggestions, check out my other posts on this site about organizing your home and tidying up.
Organizing: Things your house needs
As if there was not enough to think about, you should likely be looking into a few things that your house needs these days in regards to organizing.
- Before you go back to work, school, and other activities, you should likely declutter your garage, man-cave, or storage building. We all hate this one, but hey, it must be done!
- And of course, organizing is on this list. Your desk is looking woefully messy. Pull out everything and ditch the non-essentials. Do the same for that closet that you have been putting off for so long.
- While you are doing all that, remember the green stuff growing in the back of the fridge? How about all that leftover apple crisp that overflowed in the stove? Yep. Time to grab the scrubber stuff and clean that out, because you know it has to be done.
Things that your social presence needs
- Have you been adding apps and sites willy-nilly to your computer? Time to get those things organized. Yes, make folders, organize, and color-code.
- When was the last time you ditched emails from your inbox? I am so bad about this. I think I still have some from 2011 – egads! Clean out that email. Do it. You will thank me later.
- How about your email newsletter? Of course, this is my worst fault. I keep saying I am going to send out one. I have a lot to catch my followers up about. But – yeah, send it. It’s kinda important.
How about your own personal body?
- This seems like a no-brainer, but we all need to think about it. This applies to men and women, by the way. When was the last time you gave yourself a face mask? How about deep conditioning for your hair? Don’t wait to go to a salon. You can do this at home.
- Speaking of hair, I have learned the value of a hair wash. It seems so silly until you cannot do it for weeks at a time!
- Also, personal stuff includes journaling and meditating. You must take some “me” time. Do it today!
I guess that is about all I can think of for now. Please feel free to add your own two cents down in the comments. I hope you are staying safe, and living large.
There are more great ideas at this site on Pinterest: