POSITIVE reinforcement: FIVE TIPS
What would you do if you had a magic tool for injecting positive attitudes and ideas directly into your writing career? Would you use it?
I think the idea that if we had a magic button that we could push and all of our negativism would disappear is a rather interesting idea and one that I want to enlarge upon.
Let’s pretend that there IS a magic formula. Would you use it?
I guess we will see because below are a few tips for doing just that. Go on. Steal this list. You need the positive input anyway, right?
FIVE THINGS TO MAKE YOUR LIFE MORE POSITIVE
1. Place a note on the mirror you look into most often. Make it say positive affirmations like: You CAN do this. Or, YOU ARE A WRITER or, YOUR WORK DOES NOT SUCK and there are a whole plethora of others. If you need help with designing one, just ask.
2. Look for videos and podcasts to listen to and view that will lift you up as a writer. WRITER GROUPIE is a great one to cut your teeth on.
3. Get control of your life by setting deadlines, goals, and make a schedule. Make yourself accountable! (Additional note: if you are finding that you have NO time left over, begin setting a clock for twenty minutes for writing time – every one has ten-twenty minutes a day that they are doing something that is stealing their creativity)
4. Get 8 hours of sleep. I promise if you will try to do this one, all the others will be easy. Sometimes we are just too tapped out to do another thing. Go on. Take a nap!
5. Begin an exercise/diet/food diary. If you commit to get fit, you will be more on top of your game and able to accomplish more.
Being busy is one thing – being active and accomplished is quite another. Get out there and make it happen. Do you want this writing career or not?