Fiber for Writing
The whole point of this post (and I am going to make one, y’all gotta give me a break due to sleep deprivation over here)–is how we as humans always need more fiber. We need to bulk up our diet to have better health. Well, isn’t that true of our writing too?
I decided to try for a simple list of ways to bulk up our writing.
1. Waste-d words : clean out your WIP of wasted words, cut them out and you will get genuine good writing.– this would be the equivilent of ditching white no-fiber bread.
2. Eat your verbs– yes, get busy and find a whole bunch of verbs and start finding ways to insert them into your writing-this makes things zing along, giving you a better overall work. This would equate to eating more veggies.
3. Drink your dialogue.– Let it roll onto your tongue and off again, put it in the air, listen to it and refine it for better writing, just as you need more water to move your system along, you need more dialogue that moves the plot along.
4. Limit use of adjectives–keep those little, chocolate, round things out of there when unnecessary for anything but fuel. That excess sugar is not helping your WIP do anything but get fatter.
5. Get some exercise- no … really. Get out of that chair and go get some fresh air. Take the dog for a walk, get the cat out for a sunning. You’ll love how it clears your mind and gives you a chance to start out new with whatever glitch you are experiencing.
Won’t hurt your health any either 🙂