Many people contact me to be on Writer Groupie and I decided that the best way for me to give them all the info they need about being a guest should be listed somewhere on site.
So here are the ten things you need to know about being on Writer Groupie Podcast.
1. Make sure you know my email address. I have it listed on the WG page.
2. Make sure you know the time for your time zone. I am in the central time zone, but that may not be yours. All listed times are listed as central time.
3. Make sure you have my number or the number you are going to call in on.
4. I need a headshot and a cover image and a bio. Every show. Every time. I do not keep guest files after the show for very long. Hence if you are returning to me, I will need it again.
5. I love to do video interviews. I think they are a great medium for people who like video instead of just audio. If you do too, we can surely set that up. If you do not, for whatever reason, it’s totally fine. I will not refuse you because you prefer to remain out of sight.
6. I will always ask for ways to locate you online, so be sure to know your online links.
7. I will always ask what advice you have for an aspiring author, so think about it. These young writers are the TRUE groupies, and they do listen to the show.
8. I do not always follow a format. I like organic shows that come from our conversation, but if you have something you specifically want to be covered on the show, give me your list beforehand.
9. I do not always read the books being discussed before the show due to time constraints, but sometimes I will. Please do not feel like you have to send me your work to be a guest, you do not.
10. Finally, I am just as easygoing in person as I am on air, if you are nervous, STOP. I want this to be a fun time for you. It’s a great way to promote, and you are the star!