Seems like these days of Facebook, Twitter, and the other big social media giants, small blogs and websites are going the way of the dinosaur.
But I am still holding fast. I like having a blog, and I like having a website. In fact, I may even start another one!
So, here are 5 Things You Should Be Doing For Your Online Site
1. Make sure your site is personal. It needs to be as uniquely YOU as possible. Fans and followers are not coming to your site to see what you have to eat. They want to know YOUR story. Remember the days of gossip columns? Well, we are all still just as nosy.
2. Make sure it isn’t overly pushy with ads. It’s pretty much a given that today a blogger is going to have some ads on the sidebar, or in the footer. It’s a given. But if you have ads SMACK dab in the middle of a post? That’s pretty annoying. Try to keep them contained, people.
3. Make sure it is user-friendly. Most people are looking at your site through a really tiny screen. Make sure you have a good menu and make sure it is easy to find. K I S S – remember? Keep It Simple, Stupid.
4. Make sure you are capturing email addresses, but oh good lawdy Ms. Clawdy – do limit that stuff! Nobody wants to have to click out of a sign up box the second they come on site, then a few scrolls later, and even when they go to get off your site. Believe me, if they have to endure that kind of attack for an email sign up they WON’T sign up and they likely won’t be back.
5. Make sure you are giving a visitor the VERY best impression of you that you can. They are coming to check YOU out, not just your site. Make sure you have makeup on and make sure you have your hair done. Meaning, make sure your site is easy to navigate and mobile friendly.
Well, that is about it, folks. I hope this helped!